PFA (Perfluoroalkoxy) coatings melt and flow during baking to provide non-porous films and increased permeation resistance. They also offer higher continuous use temperature, thicker film thicknesses and greater toughness than PTFE and FEP . Expertly applied PFA coatings have good non-stick properties and are the preferred coating for the food and industrial bakeware industries. Used extensively in products such as coated bread pans, muffin tins, bun trays and a whole host of coated industrial bakeware, these coatings are available in both water-based and powder forms.
• Operation up to 260°C (500°F)
• Thicknesses of 1,000 micrometers
• Greater toughness than PTFE and FEP
• Excellent chemical resistance
• Fantastic non-stick properties